Friday, September 25, 2009

Photography

So my dear friend McKell (whom I miss so much!) told me about a Web site one can go to to make minor edits on one's pictures. Being without Photoshop, I decided to give it a look-see and took my free time this evening to tinker around and edit some of my favorite photos. For your enjoyment:


This one I'm proud of because it was a very average photo before I went to work on it. I cropped it quite a bit and added the b/w. Now we're the focal point, but the background helps give the photo energy.


This might just be my favorite photo of Will. I was lucky enough to catch this earlier today. Aside from the added border and some minor color tweaking, this is basically the photograph I shot. What I found most irresistible about it was the light and the general sweetness.



One of the best photos I've taken ever.


The site is a lot of fun. I've been antsy to edit some pics since I took a photography class at the U. I was just getting into all the cool things Photoshop can do when the class ended. My complaint about the Picnik site is that you have to sign up and pay to use some of the better features, like dodging, burning, and airbrushing. But this was a lot of fun and I was able to get some of my favorite photos exactly where I'd like them.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute photos! Even though you may not be a "professional" photographer, you have talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!