
"Oh my gosh! What is that?!" they exclaim.
"Oh no," I say sweetly, laughing, "That's Will's."
I have never gotten over having his ultrasound pics hung up for all to see. Even though pregnancy is an experience best left forgotten, I remember the day of that ultrasound as the day that I found out I was going to have a son. It was the day, for me, which began the transformation from being merely a pregnant woman to becoming a mother. This wasn't just a baby; it was a boy. A man-cub, a man-child. Something about knowing the gender made my role as a mother a little more clear.
Right now, Will is in the best stage. I've been saying that for about 6 months, but it's true. This phase is so rewarding. I love that he is talking and carrying on conversations. I love that when I'm not understanding what he wants me to go see, he will simply slip his perfect hand in mine and lead me there. I love that he is nice to other kids. I love that he has personality and silliness just spilling out of him every waking moment. I love that he believes he is capable of anything. I love his infectious belly laugh, his kisses, and his random need to strip down to his diaper. I guess it's short-sighted, but I can't imagine motherhood being more rewarding than it is right now. Even when I am tired and frustrated, there is a sweetness that pervades my relationship with this little guy. Loving him has never been an option; it simply is.
Therefore, it is with even more satisfaction that when people come into the house from now on, they will see this:
Can't wait to meet Tinglet #2. Coming July 2011. Woot!
YAY!!!! And I totally was one of those people that freaked out when I saw Will's ultrasound on the fridge :) I hope this pregnancy is treating you well!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! Another cute baby Tingey. :)
ReplyDeleteWe are happy for you guys! So fun to see a picture of your lima bean, I mean baby :)
ReplyDeleteLet me know always if I can help you in any way.
I forgot to add: Very clever post!
ReplyDeleteyay congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats Becca! I'm so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteBecca! That's awesome
ReplyDeleteyay!!!! congratulations to you all. this is such exciting news. i am very happy for you.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! Very exciting news.
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGirl, you choke me up - Congratulations :)!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I am very happy for you. :)
ReplyDelete