Today we blessed our baby girl. It's been a lovely day. We were lucky enough to have both mine and Chris's parents in town, as well as some of our siblings and some beloved family friends.

It should be noted that Ada is the first daughter of a first daughter of a first daughter for a few generations back. Also the first granddaughter of a first granddaughter for... I'm not sure how many generations back. Really glad we got these photos today. Really glad I decided to take a chance on some big earrings. I never buy big jewelry, or big accessories of any kind. Being little myself, I feel like they speak louder than I do and pass over them as a general rule without a second look. But these are lovely, aren't they? Also, while I'm being vain, I may as well state that these pictures solidify that I like the left side of my face better than the right.

Also this week was Ada's one-month mark. Some notes about this girl so far:
*In one word: Hungry
*Has strawberry-brownish hair
*My mother says she's the spitting image of me
*Knew who her daddy was right from birth; daddy's girl
*Wakes 1-2/night
*Is fascinated by W
*Has a fussy spell each evening from about 5-8; giving her an extra feeding seems to help
*Deep blue eyes
*Favorite lullaby so far seems to be The Beatles's "Golden Slumbers"; also responds to "Sweet Baby James" (which I sing as Sweet Ada Jane, naturally)
*Already batting at toys in front of her
*At about 50% for both height and weight

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment!