Thursday, September 22, 2011

What's Goin' On


I can't believe how much easier this recovery has been compared to my recovery with W. With him, it took me well over a year--as a matter of fact, I was only feeling back to "normal" for a couple months before getting pregnant with Miss Ada. This time around--surely, by the grace of God--I already feel like my normal self again. I've got energy to exercise, I'm back to working on various projects around the house, I get ready every day, my house is mostly clean, and I feel like walking pretty much everywhere. So here are a few pics from some recent walks.

A few weeks ago, we decided to head downtown and check out all the construction. A couple city blocks near Temple Square are almost completely boarded up away from where the public can take a good look. But I love downtown Salt Lake City (lived here for 10 years, can you believe it? Longer than I've lived anywhere), so I put my journalism training to good use and got invasive:

(As you can see, City Creek Center is shaping up nicely--opening March 22, 2012)


Chris's mom came out for a few days as well, and Sam (Chris's brother) and Laura and Andrew all came to our place and we wandered around Temple Square. Will and Andrew were hamming it up big time:




(When I told Andrew to say cheese, he posed like this for me all on his own. This kid cracks me up.)


(So does this kid.)







And here's one of Miss Ada, just because it makes me smile:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!