Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Ada's First Birthday


Yesterday, Ada-girl turned 1. It was such a busy day, I didn't even have time to stop and reflect on the year gone by. At her party, a friend asked me something along the lines of how the first year went with two. I realized I hadn't really thought about it in those terms, but before I could answer, she piped up, "I think it was successful!" I have to agree. It's been a good year, which is not to say it's been without its ups and downs, but.. when life feels like it's going right, you just don't stop to question. You give your thanks and move on. Am I right?


It was a lovely day and a lovely party. We have this fantastic rooftop garden/party area in our building that I never utilized until last night, but it was a great space; lots of space for people to move around (read: for kids to run around crazy) and socialize. Once the sun went down some, it cooled off a bit and was quite comfortable, even if the ice cream had turned into soup. At least there were lots of mix-ins.


I got the idea of an ice cream buffet from Pinterest (where else?). And I'd been collecting little bits of pink party decor here and there ever since she was born. Perhaps before. All in all, it was inexpensive and lots of fun. We're so grateful to have amazing people in our lives who come to celebrate our kids with us.


Eating her pink lemonade cake. She wasn't shy.

We played a variation of pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey; it's called dip-a-marshmallow-in-powedered-sugar-and-try-to-throw-it-in-Ada's-mouth. Will did it twice. Good aim!

Ada played, too.

I love this pic of my brother and sister-in-law so I had to share it. Aren't they precious?


So sweet.

3 comments:

  1. Spectacular job on the party, Becca - everything was so cute! And the pink lemonade cake was so fun, and ever so yummy :). I wish I could have stayed longer - it's always great to see and your crew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so sad that I was in Southern Utah and missed all the fun! So glad you played the picture game. Little Ada is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling party! She has grown up even more since the last time I saw her a couple of months ago!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!