Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ada, 2 Years

So, in the midst of potty training and other craziness (more updates later), I thought about giving up on the ol' blog, but since it's pretty much the only real record I keep of our family life, I think I need to keep it going. First things first:

Miss Ada turned two a couple months ago. We happened to be in Newport Beach for a family vacation, so we spent the day in Disneyland and had lunch with some Disney princesses. She loved it, but I think it was an even bigger hit with her cousin Ethan, who got a kiss from Ariel and was Mr. Smooth for the rest of the lunch.

She was shy around the princesses, but Ethan was quite the charmer!


I was dreading a bit taking two small children to Disneyland, but it was so great! There was so much to do that we really probably could have easily spent 3 days in the park without getting bored. (I almost typed "board"--what is happening to me??)

Some fun facts about this little miss:

With Auntie Debbie out on the beach

*Is independent. She brushes her own hair, teeth, takes care of her own bathroom business, puts on her own clothes, and probably the phrase I hear most from her during the day is, "I can do it my SELF!"

*Is still game for whatever adventure W has cooked up.

*Knows how to push W's buttons like an expert. She knows that all she has to do is contradict him or persist in a line of logic she knows is nonsensical. This drives him crazy, and she loves torturing him.

Dancing with Pop Pop at the beach house

*Is just about fully potty trained, including nights. We have not had diapers or pull-ups in this house for about a month (Hallelujah!). Also helps her dolls use the toilet as well--and loses her patience when said dolls have accidents on the carpet (I'm sure I don't know where she gets that from...).

*Loves snuggles in her big-girl bed. She loves to have her back rubbed as she falls asleep.

*LOVES (I can't emphasize this enough) Glenn Miller, and will ask anyone with a music source, "Moonlight Serenade? Serenade in Blue? Stardust? Glenn Miller. Those are his glasses, his trombone." Seriously. And she will know if you try to fool her.

*Climbs onto any counter top, especially if it's near a sink.

And dancing with cousin Ethan

*Climbs up onto anything, actually. Half the time I call her my climber monkey. Anything she can scale, she will. And she folds up so compactly into your lap; she really is like a little monkey, and I adore her teeny tiny-ness.

*When Mom (me) is being mean, she calls out for others for help. I hear her run away from me, and call out, "Higg! Pop Pop! Help me!"

*Starting to learn numbers, letters, and counts to 10.

*Finally got her first haircut a couple weeks ago. I was sad to do it, but the baby mullet had to go.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!