So a few weeks ago Will had his 9-month check-up. He was 16 lbs, 13 oz and approx. 28-29 inches long (he wouldn't hold still to be measured!). All is well. He is a very active little guy, crawling everywhere and beginning to stand on his own. We love how expressive he is. Most of the time I forget he's still a baby. He just seems like a little kid who can't talk. Amazingly, he will sit still long enough to be read to, and sometimes he'll "read" back to me. He says, "Uh-oh!" "Up!" and "Dada" all day long. Every time I try to get him to say "Mama," he smiles and giggles like I'm making some hilarious joke, but won't say it back. Also, I'm pretty sure he said, "dog" twice this morning when I was reading him Go, Dog. Go! His favorite stories are Where the Wild Things Are (which we had to take away from him because he was being a wild thing himself and tearing and eating the pages) and Moo Baa LaLaLa. He really, really loves his daddy. Unfortunately, he's so wiggly he doesn't sit still for a whole bottle so we're concerned he's not getting enough to eat. Doc says he's lean, but looks healthy; not much you can do for a kid who has a short attention span. But I'm starting to think it's not so much about attention span as it is that he likes solids and his sippy cup better. I think he just likes being one of the grown-ups, sitting at the table in his high chair, eating snacks and table scraps along with the big people. Still no teeth.The older Will gets, the more I love being a mother. I love interacting with him, and I can tell he's definitely starting to understand some of the things we're saying to him. He's funny and so smart and we love how everyday brings the new surprise of something he's learned to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for taking the time to comment!