I usually post about Will, I know. It's easy to gush about babies and all their precious doings. It is less easy for me to say how I feel about the most important man in my life. When we were dating and it was all fascination and excitement, it was easy to tell people I liked him.

And when I fell hard for him, I kept my mouth closed a bit. This man's love has humbled me. I hardly know how to tell anyone how strongly I feel for him--as though just speaking about how blessed I feel, God will think I'm boasting and think of some awful way to humble me. Before him, I didn't know men this honorable and kind existed in this world. And I didn't know that anyone was so unfailingly nice. He always tries to do the right thing by people, and he talks about it like it's his duty, a solemn responsibility--not just this thing we do because it's a good idea. He honors his priesthood and his covenants. And he's definitely the smartest person I know.

And yet while many of these things are the reasons I fell in love with him in the first place, the thing that keeps me loving him is all that we've shared since. I know that "all that we've shared since" is a vague label for specific things that, no, I'm not going to share with you. That's our history, our secret, our own sacred path. It's ours. He's here. And I'm so thankful for that. Love you, babe. Happy three years tomorrow.
Very sweet, very touching. Love you both very much and am so glad you found each other!
ReplyDelete