Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Something Tells Me It's All Happening at the Zoo, etc.


Lately I have been having so much fun being a mom. I think it's the stage Will's in. He's so curious and interested in everything and it's magical to be part of his discoveries. And he has a handful of words and does a lot of animals noises. He's interacting on a whole new level and I am loving it, loving him. I could just gobble him up all day long. Ask him what a birdie says, and you'll want to gobble him up, too. Yum.

So among our fun adventures these days, we've been going to the zoo with the zoo pass my parents gave him (and us!) for W's birthday. The first time, he loved the monkeys. Then it was the ostrich (he was in a FIT of giggles watching one of them eat. Seriously. People stopped and stared at W, because he was laughing so hard). Last time, the penguins.

This is how Will usually looks on marinara night:

Father's Day was lots of fun. Lately Chris and Will have been on a fort-building kick. Chris makes these really elaborate forts throughout the living room--they have tunnels and everything! He's a great dad.

Will still loves story time, but has a difficult time sitting still or reading just one book at a time.

In a couple of weeks, my mom will get home from Italy and will be coming to Salt Lake City for a culinary externship at Les Madeleines--and just guess who is going to hit her up for some free kouing aman? I am so excited for her to be here and hang out with her for a whole five weeks!

I also heard yesterday that James Taylor (my all-time FAVORITE!) and Carole King (whom I've never seen but would l-o-v-e to) will be here in SLC on July 15. This girl really needs to find a way to be there. Even if I have to go all by myself. I'd be in Heaven. Anyway. I think I've said quite enough. Hope you enjoyed the pics.

2 comments:

  1. Yes I did enjoy the pics...especially the blurry story time ones. So cute!! I'm glad you're enjoying motherhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now those are stinking cute. STNKING! Cute. Listen should you need a babysitter so you and the Mr. can go out on the town... you let me know! Here... take this: 435-749-0477. Yep.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!