I love my OB. I tell every pregnant and non-pregnant woman I know fairly well (and now all of you) just how much I love my doc. Her office is within walking distance. Sometimes she gets behind on time, but like my dad says: Doctors are like restaurants. If there isn't a wait, maybe you should wonder why. And when I do get my turn to see her, she's always attentive and willing to answer questions. She always, always comes through the exam room door with a huge smile on her face. She is always positive, always complimentary, nothing but a can-do attitude. When I was miserable beyond belief last pregnancy, my doc appointments were what I looked forward to most because Dr. Macy always makes me feel better. She'd walk through the door with an infectious smile, and miserable as I was, I couldn't help but smile back and forget for 15 minutes or so that I was nauseated/bulky/seeing spots/enduring migraines/etc.
During labor, she was the perfect person to have on the receiving end of things. Between her and my husband's positivity and cheerleading-type skills, labor was an amazing experience for me. I felt so lifted up and supported. Weak and tired as I felt, I knew these two people were going to get me through.
But, today, what I love her for the most is this:
Induction date: July 1
Just because I said I didn't want to run the risk of a 4th of July baby. The light is shining at the end of the tunnel, my friends. The light IS shining.
YAY YAY YAY!!! Only a few weeks to go!!! :)
ReplyDelete