Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Resolution Follow up: March 2012

I haven't been blogging so much lately. I'm not sure there's a reason. Sometimes I just get into a groove, enjoying life, getting so caught up in it that I don't want to have to break away from it to write about it. My kiddos are a riot these days; I've never loved motherhood more. So I guess I'm just holding on tight while I can, because we all know there are peaks and crevasses in this game of parenthood.

Anyway, I've been plugging away at my resolutions, and here I am to be held accountable for my activities.

1. This month was tricky in trying to have a date with "that girl." An internship has presented itself to my husband, and we found it could maybe, maybe lead to a full-time thing in England. We're talking a loooooong shot. But, of course, it's got me all excited, thinking about my time there. So I've been doing a lot of reminiscing this month (maybe being sentimental is better for me than I thought). I almost decided to let the reminiscing count as my resolution for the month, and then I decided that I didn't want to let myself off the hook so easily. This is a serious resolution, and has already done me more good than I had anticipated. So today (nothing like procrastination, right?) I decided to watch my favorite movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's. It wasn't quite the same with a toddler and a baby around, but I certainly enjoyed falling in love with George Peppard and Audrey Hepburn again. It had been several years since I'd watched it. And now all I want to do is watch Audrey movies. Charade. Wait Until Dark. Sabrina. Roman Holiday. Sigh. She's so lovely. P.S. Did you know it's incorrect for punctuation to be italicized or in bold? All those periods in that list are italicized. What.ev.er.

2. I finished Jane Eyre, which affected me very much, as it always does. You can find my review on goodreads.com. (Do you know that site? If you enjoy reading, you should certainly check it out.) I found that reading at bedtime is a great way to cure my insomnia... my sleeping pill helps, too. Anyway, I've fallen in love with reading again, and decided on trying North and South, by Elizabeth Gaskell. I'd never read any of her work before, but it was exceptional. Comparable to Bronte, Austen, and Eliot. She belongs in that list. So, check it out (and its accompanying BBC mini-series). As a matter of fact, I enjoyed it so much, I started it all over from the beginning for further examination. Because that's just who I am. So, this resolution is technically fulfilled, but I've enjoyed it so much I'm going to strive for a book a month from here on out.

3. The beast. I've lost another couple pounds. It's going slower than I'd like; I'm slightly behind pace, BUT the scale is moving in the right direction, and I'm having fun. But I'm certainly ready for the nice weather to get here so I can get out walking in this city again, which I love so much. I may still be able to meet my goal of needing some new clothes by the time City Creek Center opens on March 22. Diligence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!