Friday, March 2, 2012

Ada, 8 months


This girl. I tell you, I am so in love with her. This past month her personality has really started to come out and I am totally digging her. She is inspiring. I think this age, in general, is inspiring. Here these tiny ones are, trying to do much more than their little bodies can handle, but giving up never seems to be an option. They fall down, and try again, again, again. I find that so moving. Anyway, if there is one word I could pick to suit her, it would be tenacious. She is interested in everything, and you can see the wheels turning in her head as she tries to figure out how to accomplish her goal. She does not give up. Of course, that means I must be vigilant at all times, but I so love her spirit of wanting to conquer the world that it's worth it to me. I remember W being the same way. Her latest (and, I think, most accurate) nickname is Ada Adventure.

Case in point: The other night she was snuggling with me and Chris on the couch. She noticed W's monkey backpack up on a shelf, staring down at her:


She took it as a challenge and engaged in a shrieking fight. It was hilarious.



Here's what Miss Adventure has been up to lately:

*Pulls self up to stand. She learned this just a few days ago and has lost no time in perfecting her ability. She's already starting to let go to see if she can stand on her own. If you help her stand, she tries to walk.


*Doing great with solid foods. Doesn't seem to care for stone fruits; I think they're too acidic for her. Wants to try whatever you may be eating.

*New nicknames: Ada Adventure, Ada Ada Sweet Potata, Ada Potata, etc.


*Says "Uh-oh!" all day long while exploring.

*Loves cords (yikes)

*Starting to become shy of strangers

*Puts everything in her mouth

*Makes W laugh





(P.S. We do get people asking how to say her name; I thought it was a common enough name that people would just know. Anyhow, if you are one of the curious, it's pronounced Ay-duh, emphasis on the first syllable. Rhymes with the thug pronunciation of "hater" ;) So, now you know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!