I like to buy my fruit at Costco. Usually the quality and price are way better than our local grocery stores'. Of course, that also means buying Costco-sized packages--and all those strawberries are difficult to eat for a family of four before they go bad. Today, these beauties were on their last leg, so I knew I was going to have to bake them up into something yummy. I got to thinking about how I've been wanting peach cobbler lately, but peaches aren't here yet--and then I remembered my strawberries. And this recipe. And inspiration struck. Truly, I JUST finished eating my piece and it was so good I needed to pass it along.
Strawberries 'n Cream Cobbler
3 c. sliced strawberries
1/2 c. whole milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. AP flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2/3 c. butter, room temperature
1 egg, slightly beaten
Spray a pie plate or a 9x9 pan and add strawberries. Mix whole milk with vanilla until well blended, then pour over top strawberries. Set pan aside. In a medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and sift well. Add egg and butter, and combine with a pastry blender until the mixtures resembles crumbles. Distribute evenly over top of strawberries. Bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes until the cobbler begins to brown and the dish gives off a lovely fragrance. Cool a bit on a wire rack, but definitely try it while it's still warm.
Would you serve this with some creme fresh or perhaps ice cream?? Looks like the bomb.com. Yes, I just typed that... (shaking head).
ReplyDeleteOh my heavens! That looks so delicious! Please send some this way :)
ReplyDelete