Saturday, January 5, 2013

Christmas 2012

This Christmas was just lovely. It's the first year since we've been married that we stayed in our own space; last year, we woke up here on Christmas morning, went to church, then hit the road for a family vacation to AZ. This year, we got to have a nice Christmas morning in our own space and on our own timeline. It was lovely. In the afternoon, we went to my brother's in Ogden; he took over doing the shrimp feast my mom always prepares on Christmas Day. It was great to just hang out with family and relax.

There are a ton of pictures on my real camera, but guess what? I don't feel like uploading them right now. So you get some awesome iPhone pics which I'm not even going to edit for you. Feeling special yet?

Well, here are the highlights:

1. Ada and Eloise Aspen, her cabbage patch doll. I may or may not have cried in the middle of Costco when my mom and I found Eloise. I loved my own cabbage patch doll (Patricia Myrtle) so much I couldn't wait for Ada to have Eloise. Then I panicked that maybe Ada was too young for such a doll and worried I'd become one of those moms who insists on her daughters being exactly like her. But no worries: Ada and Eloise are bosom friends. I've never seen a little girl love her doll so much. And it's so fun seeing her push Eloise all over the house in her teeny tiny stroller (which, btw, W insists on using as a vacuum/lawn mower/rocket/etc.).


2. D&G. I can't stop smelling myself. Even in public. Yes, it's embarrassing, but I don't really mean to. I just look around for the fantastic smell I caught a whiff of, and guess what? It's always me! Thank you to beauty magazines for making me feel like having a "signature scent" is crucial to knowing who you are in life (sarcasm).


3. Ada's mid-morning meltdown when we explained there would be no more chocolate until after lunch. Chris and I couldn't stop laughing. Her reaction was so immediate and so sincere; I actually felt sorry for her (but didn't give in!).



4. Chris and I decided to do a handmade gift exchange this year. I decided to take my hand to my own melted crayon art. I am not crafty or artistic. This, however, was pretty awesome. I used crayola metallic crayons, and it was magical and ruined my blowdryer, to boot. But when all was said and done, I felt like Picasso, which is a new experience to me.



This year, I was unable to get Christmas cards out in the mail. We've been sick for more than a month, so consider yourself lucky; I don't know if germs can be carried by letter, but if they can, you'd all be miserable right about now. 

Merry Christmas!





1 comment:

  1. Becca, you are so funny!!! Poor girl not getting more chocolate. I think we can all relate to her here!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!