So I love my hairdresser, Mame. I recommend her to anyone I hear is looking for someone new to do their hair. She always has great suggestions for what to do with my hair, which is perfect for me, because I'm clueless where this sort of thing is concerned. I don't know how many times I've sat down in her chair and said, "I want a change, but I'm not sure what I want." Then she pulls out this massive binder full of hairstyles, flips a few pages and says, "I've been thinking about something like this for you." And it's always just right (except the time she wanted to give me a cut like Monica's from Friends--too many layers; I'm not that talented with hair). And she always takes into account what's going on in my life. I went in for a trim a couple weeks before I had Will. She walked up to me and said, "You're going to be a mom. You need a pony tail," then cut my hair accordingly. But she also pulled out a photo of Nicole Richie and said, "This is where I'd like to get you eventually." I think this cut is super cute! And it would have a super cute pony tail, because it would be all short and froofy. So here's the cut. I'm going to do it as soon as my bangs are long enough. What do you think?
Also, recently I read this really fun book called A Train to Potevka. It's about a Mormon who was a spy in Russia during the collapse of the Soviet Union. He's on a mission to kidnap a member of the Russian mafia when the mission goes sour and his team basically leaves him for dead in Siberia. True story and lots of fun.
Coming up in next post, I hope, will be a post for my mom-to-be friends spotlighting my favorite baby products so far. I know that going through the plethora of options in the baby world is overwhelming, especially when you're dropping a lot of money on things you aren't entirely sure are going to suit you and your baby. Baby gear is expensive! So to help make things easier, I'll just throw out my suggestions. I'll also give disclaimers on things I haven't been so crazy about. Have a good day!


YEAH!!! I'll be anxiously awaiting that post :) And I'm still planning on taking you up on your offer to go shopping! I'm just waiting for life to settle down a bit - as I'm sure you are too :)
ReplyDeleteI think this hair cut would look GREAT on you! The bangs are nice and also long enough to be pinned back in a cute manner when you don't want bangs for the day, ya know? I'm in favor!
ReplyDelete