Monday, May 11, 2009

Pictures and Videos ad Nauseam

I realize not the rest of the world is as enthralled as I am about my son (though, frankly, you should be). I also realize we have out-of-state grandparents who wish they could be here to see every baby miracle as it occurs. Therefore, lots of photos, videos, etc.


One of those moments where he looked especially handsome. His onesie has the Death Star and Darth Vader on it and says, "My Dad Rules the Galaxy." Go Baby GAP.


This week we finally got to take him out for his first ride in his stroller. It was a hit! He didn't fuss and fell asleep. We went to Temple Square. It was a gorgeous evening.


This is the mother of all strollers, a BOB Revolution stroller. I remember talking baby gear with my sister-in-law Erin and her telling me how some things she didn't care what brand they were; other things it really mattered a lot. For example, she decided her splurge items were the crib, car seat and Pampers diapers. This got me thinking, and I realized that for me, a really great jogging stroller was something I'd be willing to invest $$$ in. I didn't care so much if I had a flashy crib or car seat (as long as it was attractive and received satisfactory ratings from previous customers) or fancy baby clothes or whatever. But a good, durable jogging stroller was important because I really want to remain fit and also because jogging strollers are extremely lightweight and easy to transport. I did my research and after reading MANY reader reviews and trips to REI, concluded that the BOB Revolution fulfilled my jogging stroller desires. I'm very happy to report that it's ended up being just as great in practice as it was in theory. We've taken a walk with it every day except Sunday since this first trip to Temple Square.


Chris and Will in front of the Church Office Building. It was hard to get the temple in the background because of the glare.




Aren't my boys handsome?




The evening was a little cooler than we'd anticipated. We had Will bundled up, but his fingers were still cold so Chris was keeping them warm.


Precious!


The temple is very tall; Chris and Will are in this picture... somewhere.... :)






I look tired. I probably was!






This photo and a couple others are posted for my sister Katy's viewing pleasure. She especially enjoys these photos where he looks, well, funny.


More Sunday photos. He looked so incredibly handsome in this shirt. The jeans are too big for him and he hated them when I first put them on; he tried kicking them off. But. Let's be honest. Many of the things we all wear as babies and young children we wear because our mothers like them. Hence, Will wore these pants to church. :)













My sister Debbie has been wanting pics of Will with the Winnie-the-Pooh towel she gave him. He does pretty well during most of bathtime now that we've started using his whale tub. He loses patience gradually, and this is the state he's in by the time we're done. Many of these are also provided for Katy's viewing pleasure.






Isn't this the saddest face you've ever seen? Every time he cries like this I feel my heart break a little.



This and the following photos I took trying to capture a smile. He was VERY smiley this morning, the most smiley I've ever seen him. I didn't have any luck with the still camera, but these photos were the result.







And now, finally, the video of him laughing and smiling from this morning. It was the most smiley I've ever seen him and the camcorder happened to be right by me so I was really lucky to catch all this. Chris and I have noticed a correlation between his smiley nature and his spitting-up habits...



Post-spit-up smiles... give it a minute or so before he smiles.

Ok, that's it. I promise the next post I write will have to do with something else... maybe.

5 comments:

  1. Bec, I love it! He's so cute! Thanks for posting all the adorable pictures. And the little videos are just precious. :) Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so FREAKING ADORABLE! Yes I had to say freaking because I didn't know else else to emphasize that. I loved the close up. Oh yeah and when Evelyn first started to laugh a little she would get hiccoughs every time. So I understand the whole spitting up after he has been smiling alot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh..... cutie pants! Geezzz.... Also if he was old enough he would appreciate the jeans... Got to get his Sunday jean wearin' in before he can't do it anymore! I know I wish I could wear jeans to church like every Sunday. :)

    Miss you... hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, thank you for considering me when posting these pictures :) I giggled at many... the picture with his feet sticking in the air like he tends to do-- priceless :) And those videos are hilarious! He is too precious! Beautiful boy! And I love the blank look he gives you when you say "Your Mom is really weird" and then the huge smile he gets right after it haha... What a kid!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!