So, I took a few other videos this week as well, but they're too big to upload onto the blog. When I figure out how to edit them, they'll be posted! Now, I know that a lot of the images following are very similar, but he was being really cooperative and I was able to get some really great expressions. And I know his Papa Higgs will love them. :)
I really liked this one. He just looks like a little kid, hanging out, watching TV. Or floating in an inner tube in the pool.
Will's cousin Nathanael sent him these scrubs a long time ago--they finally fit him just right and he looks so cute in them, I wanted to post them so Nathanael and Christy could see.
Also, we reached a huge milestone today. I've had this pump in my bathroom since we got home from the hospital. I haven't used it because it's a manual pump and it just sounded laborious. But today I was reading in one of my Supernanny books, and she was talking about weaning babies. Nursing is really limiting; or, rather, I make it limiting. I am really uncomfortable nursing in public or even around people in my own home unless they're family members I'm REALLY close to. And the thought of paying for formula makes me cringe. But today while reading Supernanny, I realized how liberating it could be to replace one feeding a day with a bottle. So I pulled out the pump and got to work. SO not a big deal! It took a lot less time than I anticipated, and Chris and Will and I were actually able to go out to dinner when we were ready to go instead of having to work around my nursing schedule! It was amazing! I was giddy with excitement, just ask Chris. So we got pics of Chris feeding Will his very first bottle while at California Pizza Kitchen (where, incidentally, I had my first Braxton-Hicks contraction with him). It was a mixed-emotional experience for me. It was amazing and somehow unbelievable that he was actually eating on the other side of the table and I had not much to do with it. On the other hand, nursing is such an emotional bond, it made me a little sad. Will was kind of confused at first. He kept looking at me with a strange expression, trying to figure out how he could be eating without me right there. He got a little teary, which made me a little emotional. After a couple of minutes, though, he got the hang of it and did just fine. :) This is going to totally rock my world. This means Chris and I can actually go on dates that are dates. We could actually do dinner AND a movie! Isn't that amazing?!














Yeah pumping can be nice. I've done it a few more times also since she was a few weeks old and put it in the fridge or freezer but I just never ended up giving her the bottle because of all the work I've done and how much I enjoy nursing her. We too had to nurse around her schedule but I would just go out to the car and do it if I needed to. I'm glad he likes the Boppy!
ReplyDelete