I can't believe how quickly time is going by with this tiny girl. She is just about the sweetest little thing you'll ever meet.
I decided that once a month I'm going to sit at the computer and take some pics with the kiddos using the built-in camera. Who is it that's always snapping pics of the family? The Mama. Who remembers to take pictures of the Mama? No one. So just so my children don't think I was never around during their young years, I'm going to plop them down here with me and kiss on them and make silly faces, so that there is SOME kind of documentation of me in their lives. And so there is some documentation of my life, period. So here are Ada's 5 month pics (a couple days late) along with her Mama. It must be said: Not all the pictures turned out this nicely. In about half of them, she is pulling my hair really, really hard and I am wincing in pain. I guess she likes the waves; I hardly have the time to do it this way because I have a ton of hair. But apparently it's a big hit with the under 1 crowd.

(I edited this on picnik.com. They had a seasonal feature called "winterize," which is the effect you see on this photo. Kinda funky, but fun and festive.)
*Tries so hard to sit up and stand (!) on her own
*Hair has turned a bit blonder
*Has accumulated quite the assemblage of nicknames, including: Sweet Cheeks (from Chris), Sweetie/Sweetheart (from me), Sweet Dreams (from W), ladybug, cupcake, lovebug (my nickname as a wee one), Miss Ada (W does not like this one. I say, "Hello, there, Miss Ada!" W says, "That is NOT Miss Ada. That is ADA." Ok, little man, calm down), baby girl, baby sister, etc., etc.
*Is really, really (really) interested in trying our food. You should have seen her at our building's Christmas party tonight; she eyed every forkful from Chris's plate to his mouth and tried a few times to intercept it
*Has mostly gotten used to tummy time
*Rolls in all directions
*Scoots/spins around on her back
*Likes to watch SuperWhy with W (I'm a horrible mother; she's 5 months old and already loves TV; cringe)
*You must look at her at all times while she is awake. Lack of staring in her direction will result in tantrums. Tangent: They say babies can not be spoiled. They say babies don't throw tantrums. Well, "they" have never met my children. I'm not saying this is malicious/bad behavior, but both my children as babies have had a deep need to be stared at all the time. I think it has to do with this stage of babyhood. It's like they're thinking, "Hey. I'm stuck here laying on my back all day long. The least you could do is look at me and entertain me." It makes sense. It also makes me a little bit crazy. As soon as W could sit up by himself, he became very independent during his play time (and still is); here's hoping Ada follows the same pattern.
I have been meaning to comment on this forever! I loved reading about little Ada and those pictures of you two are precious!
ReplyDeleteE is an attention hog, as well. She requires it at all times. And I totally let my kids watch PBS. Sometimes even a lot, when necessary. Sometimes I feel bad about it...but I'm trying to get over the notion of television-watching children are the offspring of bad mothers. Whatevs. I'm pro-PBS and I'm not embarrassed about it! :)