Thursday, December 15, 2011

Poll: Hair Me Out

First thing to know about me as a gal-pal: I can never decide what I want to do with my hair, and generally resort to going around my circle of friends to gather a general opinion. I don't really think I'm vain; I think I'm really bad at imagining things. If I go shopping for home decor or an accessory to a specific outfit, I need to bring along a swatch or picture for guidance; my memory is just not accurate in figuring these kinds of things out. I also lack the ability to stand right in front of a mirror and imagine myself with a different hair cut/color. And so, dear friends, I'm asking you to indulge me--and warning you it's not likely to be the last time. I have provided some photos of the current state of my hair, which I have been trying to grow out for a while now. Going to be adding a few more layers in a couple weeks.



I know I want to do something with the color, but cannot decide what. Once I'm all decided I want to go blonde, I remember my lifelong desire to be a brunette as well as the guilty voice in my head for turning my back on my naturally reddish strands. In short, I am overwhelmed by the possibilities. And so, it's up to you, dear, dear, indulgent friends. Please help me decide my next hair direction. It should be noted emphatically that I do not think a hair transformation will make me look like Julianne Moore, Natalie Portman, or one of the Olsen twins. We're just talking color here, folks. Help a girl out! So, here are your options. Please vote in my fancy little poll off to the right, and feel free to add your thoughts to the comments section below.

Option 1: Stay true to my red roots by weaving in a couple shades of reds/auburns into my natural shade.

Julianne Moore - Our Favorite Redheads - Red Hair

Option 2: Playing up my natural highlights by weaving in a few shades of blonde.

Ashley Olsen

Option 3: Complete overhaul: Dying hair a medium brown and weaving in a lowlight and a highlight.

Natalie Portman - Our Favorite Brunets - Brunet Hair

Option 4: Leave the color alone; just get a new cut (if this is your vote, I require you to leave a comment letting me know what kind of cut you have in mind.

I certainly appreciate your help!

6 comments:

  1. I'd say keep your color but add brown lowlights and blonde highlights. I think it would be very dramatic - but I'm not very good at imagining it either!!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I voted to leave your color alone but get a cut. Now I'm thinking that blonde or red high/lowlights could also be really cool. I like the Olsen twin's hair in that shot, too... I like the idea of the Carey Mulligan pixie cut, too, though I'd consult w/a professional for taking the dive on that - could be really adorable though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ai think more red would be beautiful and perfect for winter. Even some reddish brown. I'm kind of a seasonal hair kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so few can do red well. Of course, I'm biased, but I LOVE your natural hair color!!! I would only enhance what you have! When you go gray, then, play with it - like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with your mom. :) Your hair looks amazing! I'm sure whatever you do will look fabulous, but in my opinion, there's nothing like gorgeous, natural hair. Plus it makes life so much simpler. I think your hair is so beautiful long- I would just play around with the layers some. Good luck with the decision!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been hesitant to comment, because I love love love your hair just as it is and I wouldn't do anything to it. But I can understand being bored with perfect hair, so I have no input on what to do with it. Just make yourself happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!