Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Haps, December 2011

I write a lot about motherhood and the kiddos' personal development, but very rarely do I record what we've been up to. And since this blog is the only journal I have time to keep right now, here's what we've done the last several months.

*A trip to Higg & Pop-Pop's in Washington, pre Ada (May?)


*Meeting Sarah Dessen, one of my hero YA writers (April?)

*Meeting my nephew Asher! (May)

*Got a new kitchen table & light fixture over table (don't even remember when)


*Chris & W got to go to a family reunion so W could hang out with the California & Texas Tingeys, whom he rarely sees (July)


*Gave birth to the sweetest baby girl on the planet (July)


*Learned how to comb W's hair so it doesn't stick straight up (spray wax, folks--who'd have thought?)

*Lots of walks to the library (after Ada was born--definitely NOT the type to walk several blocks uphill in July at 8+ months pregnant). W got his first library card (and late fees...).


*Walks to the B Street park to play on the swings (July/August)


*Having some of the foreign exchange students from Chris's classes over for dinner (September)


*Attending the beautiful wedding of my dear, dear friend, Whitney; first time inside Manti temple. (July?)

*Renovating entryway/bathroom (October)

*Hosting Halloween party (October)

*Countless trips to Lowe's, the zoo, and Costco



*Finally, FINALLY deciding on and buying a double stroller (was this process agonizing for anyone else? There is no such thing as the perfect double stroller; I am happy to say, however, that I'm in love with what I got! In many ways I like it better than my single!)

*Going to a new ward since the ward boundaries within the stake were redrawn.

*Lots of visits from my parents and Chris's parents


*Christmas lights at the zoo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!